Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ

I am a writer, a photographer, and a Dork Chop FO-tog. I can be found on FB at www.facebook.com/TheRovingDorkChopFoTog and also on Flickr at www.flickr.com/therovingdorkchopfo-tog Mostly I capture what I see from my perspective.

Friday, March 11, 2011

#tsunami education in news coverage

To answer the kids who ask "why do I need to know this?" turn on the news coverage today - studying tsunamis and earthquakes may become real with the pictures and videos in the news today.

Amplify’d from www.examiner.com

Science education: News coverage of tsunami offers students 'real life' lesson

Science teachers, and home-school students who pay attention to current events could easily benefit from news coverage of an earthquake in Japan and the resulting tsunami.  There is no better way to demonstrate the significance of science, and the relevance of an education, than by watching news coverage of the tsunami in Japan, and the pictures and videos of the resulting devastation.  

For students who ask the universal question students always ask, "Why do I need to know this?" - news coverage of events like today could answer that question for them.  Who knows?  The next great scientists may be motivated to learn by watching the tsunami news coverage today. 

Read more at www.examiner.com
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home