Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ

I am a writer, a photographer, and a Dork Chop FO-tog. I can be found on FB at www.facebook.com/TheRovingDorkChopFoTog and also on Flickr at www.flickr.com/therovingdorkchopfo-tog Mostly I capture what I see from my perspective.

Monday, November 22, 2010

The efficient brain- (wish I had one-haha) #science #health #brain #examiner

The way the mind works is...well...mindboggling.

Amplify’d from www.examiner.com

The efficient brain: a study of sound, hearing and how the mind processes info

Like musical compression saves space on your mp3 player, the human brain has ways of recoding sounds to save precious processing power.

To whittle a recording of your favorite song down to a manageable pile of megabytes, computers take advantage of reliable qualities of sounds to reduce the amount of information needed.  Collections of neurons have their own ways to efficiently encode sound properties that are predictable.

Tracy can be found on Facebook (Tracy Lynn Cook) and on Twitter @TLCsThoughts.

Read more at www.examiner.com
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home